If you haven’t heard, adjustable beds are all the rage these days. With good reason, of course. They help you achieve your most comfortable, possible sleep position to help you get a great night’s sleep. This is especially true when you combine the positioning capabilities of an adjustable bed with the comfort and support of your latex mattress. This guide will help you learn all you need to know to make informed choices when buying an adjustable bed for your latex mattress or with your latex mattress.
What Is an Adjustable Bed?
As the name implies, an adjustable bed is one that you can adjust into a multitude of positions. Depending on the bed you choose, you may be able to raise your head, your feet, or your head and feet to multiple angles to achieve optimal comfort throughout the night.
Many adjustable beds even offer preset positions, such as zero gravity positions, or anti-snore positions. If you and your partner disagree on the perfect sleep position, you may consider a split king adjustable bed and mattress to accommodate differing sleep positioning needs.
The key to remember is that adjustable beds are all a little different. Some will offer more luxury features while others will only offer the basics. You’ll need to find one that meets your needs and works with the mattress you have or the mattress you choose to buy.
How Do Adjustable Beds Work?
Most adjustable beds are operated by remote controls that come with the beds. Many of the modern adjustable beds can also be operated via apps you download onto your phone or tablet.
There are countless upgrades available for adjustable beds, such as built-in massage features, zero gravity settings, and even under bed lighting, so that there is a soft glow to guide your path as you prepare for bed at night.
Other features allow you to choose how you want the bed positioned by raising or lowering your head, raising or lowering your feet, or even returning to a completely flat position.
In order for an adjustable bed to function appropriately, you’ll need to have a mattress that is flexible enough to move with the base. Many mattresses with rigid coils do not work well with an adjustable base. They are simply too rigid to provide the appropriate amount of flexibility for the base, causing people to miss out on many of the benefits adjustable beds offer.
Latex mattresses are an ideal choice for this due to their resilience and durability. These mattresses will work with your adjustable bed as you reposition it over and over again, while maintaining their shapes and the solid support they are famous for.
Benefits of Adjustable Beds
There are many benefits to consider when it comes to adjustable beds. Some of the most common have to do with
- Comfort: Adjustable beds enable you to find the perfect position for catching up on your favorite show, reading, or drifting off to sleep.
- Snoring: If you have a partner who snores, you want an adjustable base with an anti-snore positioning feature. Using a preset position on the remote, the head of the bed is raised to open airways, improve breathing, and reduce snoring.
Other Benefits of Adjustable Beds
But there are other benefits to consider as well, including relief of aches and pains, and supporting certain medical needs, including:
- Reduce leg swelling
- Ease lower back pain
- Relieve gastric reflux and heartburn pain
- Manage pain from muscle fatigue, muscle strains, and various injuries
- Assist with fibromyalgia symptoms
- Improve mobility
- Maximize lung expansion while sleeping
- Improves circulation
- Reduces insomnia
- Eliminates snoring
- Pregnancy aches and pains
As you can see, there are many medical and health benefits to enjoy when using an adjustable bed for your sleep needs.
Those are only the beginning, though. You can also experience greater comfort and deeper sleep, so that you have better days, improved focus, and enhanced productivity at work, school, or play.
Latex Mattress + Adjustable Beds: A Perfect Combo
It should come as no shock that latex mattresses are a nearly perfect fit for most adjustable beds. Not only are these mattresses built to be resilient, but they are also durable, and quite flexible. More importantly, they are built to last with many latex mattresses lasting 20 years or longer before sagging, bulging, or losing their incredible support.
Speaking of support, latex mattresses are widely known for their impressive support, as well as for the comfortable sleeping surfaces they create. Combine that with the adjustability and other features of an adjustable bed, and you have the ideal recipe for a perfect night’s sleep.
How to Choose a Latex Mattress for an Adjustable Bed
As with any bed, choosing a latex mattress for your adjustable bed requires a few important considerations. These are some of the factors you’ll want to review as you explore your adjustable bed latex mattress options.
- Mattress and base size. Size certainly matters when choosing a mattress for your adjustable bed. The mattress needs to be the precise size of your adjustable bed. While most mattresses fall within standard size ranges, there may be an inch or two difference between one mattress and the other. You want to make sure that your mattress is the right size for your adjustable base.
- Split vs. solid. This is an important consideration for couples where one sleeps on their side or stomach, and the other sleeps on his or her back. A solid design means both sides adjust the same, which isn’t always comfortable for both parties. A split design means each side of the bed can be adjusted independently. You just want to make sure you have the right remote before making the adjustment.
- Mattress weight. Latex mattresses are heavy. You need to make sure the adjustable base you have can support not only the weight of your mattress, but all the people, pets, and children likely to pile into the bed at night, too.
- Temperature regulation. Latex mattresses are widely reputed to regulate temperature well while you sleep. Unlike memory foam mattresses, latex is breathable, promoting greater airflow throughout the night. This makes the mattress even more compatible with your adjustable base.
Ultimately, you’ll need to consider comfort at well. Some find latex mattresses a little too firm. That is why it is wise to consider a latex mattress, like the Latex for Less Mattress, that comes in two firmness levels, so you can see which one meets your needs best.
FAQs About Adjustable Beds and Latex Mattresses
Q: Can you use any mattress on an adjustable base?
A: No. Some mattresses are simply not designed for use with an adjustable bed. Check with the manufacturer if you are unsure about the compatibility of your mattress.
Q: Do adjustable bases damage mattresses?
A: If your mattress isn’t durable enough, or is too rigid, an adjustable base may damage the base, the mattress, or both.
Q: How thick should a mattress be to use with an adjustable bed?
A: Ideally, the mattress for an adjustable bed will be between eight and 12 inches thick. Thicker than that can create difficulty with the adjustment process, and mattresses that are too thin may not be comfortable enough.
Q: How long do adjustable beds last?
A: The longevity of your adjustable bed may be attributed to many different factors. The Latex for Less Adjustable Base offers various warranty protections for your base with some protection lasting up to 20 years.
The Latex for Less Mattress and Adjustable Bed
Finding the perfect pair when looking for a mattress base and latex mattress can feel like hunting for a needle in the proverbial haystack. However, when you buy your adjustable base and latex mattress from Latex for Less, you’re getting a pair that is literally made to go together.
The Latex for Less Adjustable Base offers inclines of up to 60 degrees for your head, and up to 45 degrees for your feet as well as preset positions for snoring, and zero gravity. Couple this with all the health and wellness benefits listed above, and an amazing night’s sleep.
The Latex for Less Latex Mattress is available in a variety of sizes, including split king, to meet your individual needs, and offers all the features you expect from latex, including outstanding support and durability. Plus, you have the added benefit of two firmness levels to choose from, a risk-free 120 night trial in your home, and a 20-year warranty for the mattress.
Now is a great time to bring this perfect pair into your home, and see how quickly it transforms your ability to sleep, and your overall health and wellness.